Tuesday, May 31, 2011

just a 5K? only a 5K??

Alright... enough with people referring to this distance as "just a 5K" or "only a 5K". There are only two types of runners who have earned the right to call it that:
1) men who have run sub-13
2) women who have run sub-15
Anyone else who uses those labels needs to shut the fuck up because they don't know what they're talking about. If a 5K is that easy, you aren't doing it right.

4 comments:

  1. I hated when running a 5k race and at the end of the race, guess what that was not a f*** 5k. If I am going to run & hurt myself it better be worth the distance. It better be a 3.1 miles nothing less nothing more. These mother f*** hurt and they are not just an only 5k!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People have this notion that shorter distances equal less effort. Wrong! The shorter the distance the more intense the run. I am significantly more comfortable during the first 15 miles of a marathon than at any point during a 5K.

    If a 5K doesn't hurt, you're doing it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm sure I've said Just a 5k before...
    Sorry!
    I think it's "just a 5k" to those people who suck at running fast and hard. that would include me...

    ReplyDelete